Hire the centre
Our Environment Centre can be an inspiring backdrop for your event, celebration or meeting. It is on the edge of our 24-acre nature reserve, complete with a network of accessible paths and a children’s play area. The site is close to the city centre of York and is accessible by public transport, cycling and walking (please see "Opening times and directions"). There is a medium-sized hall available for meetings, children’s birthday parties and other events. The Ecochalet on site is suitable for small meetings while our large enclosed garden area provides a great space for outdoor meetings or workshops, and comes with its own composting toilet facility. Please note: the centre is currently only available for hire on Mondays and Fridays.
We offer the following facilities:
- secure bike locking
- disabled access
- composting toilets
- a large marquee for holding outdoor events in the garden (for an additional charge)
- large awning shelter in the garden (for an additional charge)
- TV-sized screen and digital projector
- wi-fi access
- on-site teas & coffees (for an additional charge)
- option of arranging food with a local caterer
- guided tours on request (for an additional charge)
- car parking (It is limited and not secured. We encourage our visitors to use other means of transport for getting to St Nicks whenever possible.)
Please note: due to the layout of the building, the hall space is not enclosed and therefore may not be suitable for confidential meetings.